If you’re growing Tomatoes in your garden and you have plucked too much of it, Homemade ketchup is a great way to use excess tomatoes from your garden. Although, there are many variations of Ketchup in the market but the homemade tomato variation can be healthy rather than buying. Truly, we have all eaten tomatoes Ketchup like Heinz and Maggi so some might really find it difficult to get used to homemade Ketchup, but giving it a try is worth it.
HOW TO MAKE TOMATOES KETCHUP AT HOME
- Tomato Juice
- Chopped Onions
- Ground Cinnamon
- Chopped Garlic
- Ground Cloves
- Powdered paprika
- Ground White Pepper
Preparing the Tomato Ketchup
- Select your tomatoes for good ones
- Immerse tomatoes (whole) in hot water for 3-6 seconds. Spray with cold water.
- Peel off tomato skin by pulling the skin back from the blossom end
- Remove the seed neatly with a knife
- Pulp the tomatoes in a blender and strain
- Heat the tomato pulp in an open pan for 1 hour
- While boiling, add all spices and salt into the boiling puree. Add the sugar syrup.
- Boil until you have the consistency you desire.
- Allow the ketchup to cool.
You can serve with the food of your choice and store the rest in your refrigerator.