Dining out is one of the best parts of traveling, and there’s no shortage of great places to eat lunchen Den Bosch. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite or a leisurely meal, you’ll find plenty of delicious options to choose from. To help you narrow down the field, we’ve compiled a list of our eight favorite places for lunch in Den Bosch.
- Café Tante Klara: This cozy café is located in the heart of the city center and is known for its delicious traditional Dutch food. The menu features a variety of savory dishes like stamppot (a mashed potato dish) and erwtensoep (a hearty pea soup), as well as sweet treats like poffertjes (mini pancakes).
- Hagelswag: This chain specializes in hagelslag, a Dutch treat made by sprinkling chocolate or other flavorings on top of bread. While hagelslag is typically eaten at breakfast, Hagelswag also offers a variety of lunch items, including sandwiches and salads.
- La Colombe d’Or: This upscale restaurant is located in a historic 17th-century building and serves French-inspired cuisine. The menu changes regularly, but you can always expect dishes made with fresh, local ingredients.
- Gooische Saen: This restaurant specializes in saenkoudeschotels, a type of Dutch cold plate dish that typically includes meat, cheese, and vegetables. Gooische Saen also offers a variety of hot dishes and sandwiches.
- Pllek: This unique spot is located in an old shipping container on the banks of the river Meuse. The menu features fresh, healthy dishes with an international flair, and there’s even an outdoor patio where you can enjoy your meal with a view of the river.
- ‘t Walrustharderechteren: This restaurant is known for its traditional Dutch food, which is served “harder” (i.e., cooked longer) than at most other restaurants. The result is a more flavorful dish that’s sure to satisfy your hunger.
7.. De Librije: This Michelin-starred restaurant serves modern Dutch cuisine made with seasonal ingredients. The menu changes regularly, but you can always expect superior quality dishes that are artfully presented.
8.. Hertog Jan: This unique restaurant is located inside an old windmill and serves creative contemporary cuisine inspired by French and Belgian traditions. The menu features both small plates and large format meals, so you can choose depending on how hungry you are.
No matter what your budget or dining preferences are, Den Bosch has something to offer everyone—including some truly delicious places to eat lunch! So next time you’re in town, be sure to check out one (or all!) of these eight fantastic spots. Bon appetit!
- Restaurant De Refter
If you’re looking for a traditional Dutch lunch spot, look no further than Restaurant De Refter. This popular eatery is known for its hearty fare, including dishes like stamppot (a type of mashed potato dish) and hutspot (a stew made with carrots and potatoes). And don’t forget to order a glass of jenever (Dutch gin) to wash it all down!
- Café In de Marge
Café In de Marge is the perfect place to go for a casual lunch with friends. The menu features a variety of sandwiches, salads, and pizzas, as well as some heartier dishes like pasta and chicken curry. And be sure to save room for dessert—the apple pie here is simply to die for!
- Brasserie Flo
For a more upscale lunch experience, head to Brasserie Flo. This stylish restaurant serves contemporary French cuisine, such as squid ink risotto and roasted lamb with ratatouille. The wine list is also impressive, so be sure to order a bottle (or two!) to enjoy with your meal.
If you’re in the mood for something lighter, check out La Fontaine de Mars. This charming bistro offers a variety of salads, sandwiches, and tartines (open-faced sandwiches). The quiche is also a popular choice – definitely order it if you see it on the menu!
For dinner, we recommend heading to Le Train Bleu. This iconic Parisian restaurant is located inside the Gare de Lyon train station. The decor is lavish and the menu features classic French dishes, such as coq au vin and Boeuf Bourguignon. Be sure to save room for dessert – the crème brûlée is mouth-watering!
If you’re looking for a more casual dining experience, head to Chez Janou. This cozy bistro is known for its Provençal cuisine, such as pissaladière (a type of pizza) and daube de boeuf (beef stew).
- Loetje Den Bosch
Loetje is a chain of Dutch restaurants that are famous for their great food and reasonable prices. The menu features classic dishes like steak tartare and chicken schnitzel, as well as a selection of interesting daily specials. And don’t forget to order one of their delicious apple pies for dessert!
Loetje is a great place to enjoy a casual meal with family or friends. The restaurants have a warm and inviting atmosphere, and the staff is always friendly and helpful. Whether you’re looking for a quick bite to eat or a leisurely dinner, Loetje is sure to please. So next time you’re in the Netherlands, be sure to stop by Loetje for a truly Dutch dining experience.