Most people like fried rice because its a very tasty meal you would always want to have any time of the day.
Although rice has no nutrient beside carbohydrate, but the ingredients added to it like fried rice for example, gives the meal the necessary vitamins the body deserves.
I often wonder, why is rice always served at occasions? Then I concluded maybe it’s just easy to make. But then if you eaten different recipes of rice, you would know the reason why.
Here’s a simple yet delicious way of making fried rice.
1kg Chicken seasoned, cooked and fried.
3 cups rice or desired amount
1 bulb, onions
Salt to taste
1 chicken seasoning cubes
6 cups of vegetables,finely chopped or dice (green peas,green pepper, carrot, runner beans,spring onions onions sweet corn)
300g kidney, cooked and diced (optional)
3tbsp Vegetable Oil or Margarine
- Season the chicken properly and cook till the chicken is almost soft
- Drain out the broth set aside. Fry or grill the chicken
- Wash and parboil the rice with water for 20 mins. Drain the rice in a strainer and set aside.
- While waiting for the rice, wash the green pepper, remove it seeds and blend into puree in a blender.
- In a clean pot, heat the Magarine or vegetable oil and fry the finely chopped vegetables with the cooked liver.
- Spice with maggi, thyme and curry then add the blended green pepper.
- Allow to fry then add the chicken broth.
- Allow to boil then add the parboiled rice.
- Do not add excess water so the rice doesn’t get overly cooked.
- Check rice if it is getting soft as the water dries up. If not, add little water to equal the size of the rice.
- Once rice is okay, use a wooden stick to mix rice properly so the chopped veggies can go round.
Serve with chicken, plantain or salad.