I have never been a huge eater of cucumber, maybe because it doesn’t have a particular sweet taste and it sometimes taste bitter. That bitterness is from a group of chemical compounds called cucurbitacins; they’re present in all cucumbers (and other members of the Cucurbitaceae plant family), But thinking of the health benefit, I would have no choice than to start liking it.
So I figured out a way to enjoy my cucumber. Making cucumber salad was a way out as I included chopped carrot and banana , garnished with olive oil to make it tasty. The sweetness of the banana and carrot combined with the cucumber, would motivate me to keep eating. This is another way you can have a stylish salad to eat right away.
Fruits are an excellent lunch food for everyone because they make healthy snacks and desserts.Eating fruit on a lunch time can decrease appetite for the actual meal. The fructose found in the fruit supplies a quick energy boost and the fibre creates a feeling of fullness.
If lunch is late, keep the peace with a quartered orange or a dish of fresh pineapple chunks. Both have lots of potassium and fibre. Oranges are high in vitamin C and folate. Dried fruit is another good hold-over that is nutritious.
Fruit as fat prevention
When you know that a lunch is not going to be the healthy meal you prefer to serve yourself a mini meal of fresh fruit, Mix chopped watermelon, carrots, paw paw and banana chunks into a quick fruit salad. That keeps ones blood sugar on a moderate level until the fat food or high calorie sauces are served. You will eat less unhealthy food, too.
Choose Fresh Fruits
Packaged fruit juices, smoothies and fruit snacks often have additives like honey or fruit juice concentrate; both of them gain calories without adding nutritional value. By selecting fresh fruits you will add needed calories and nutritional value.
Regulate Your Digestion
If you start your lunch with unsweetened grapefruit or grapefruit juice, you will easily regulate your digestion.
Consume any high fibre fruits for lunch. Eat pears, apples and berries for a significant amount of dietary fibre and water content. This is especially good for those trying to lose some weight or keep fit.
During lunch and throughout the day include all kinds of fruits unsweetened and mostly fresh. Nuts and seeds are healthful garnishes for fruit, consume them in moderation.
The beauty of it is no one needs to know you’d rather skip the saturated fat they slaved over.
Photo credit: fitnea.com
There is an old saying that goes, “To eat an apple going to bed, will make the doctor beg his bread.” The saying is justified by the apple’s many health-promoting properties.
Apples are excellent detoxifiers. Apple juice can destroy viruses in the body.
Apples are great snacks. Only make sure not to ingest too many apple seeds, these are toxic if taken in large amounts.
BENEFITS OF APPLES
- Apples clean the teeth and strengthen the gums.
- Apples reduce cholesterol levels.
- They detoxify the body and have antiviral properties.
- Apples prevent constipation because they aid digestion.
- One large apple supplies almost 30 percent of the minimum amount of fiber that should be consumed daily.
USES OF APPLES
- Eating apples regularly aids healing in patients of gout and rheumatism.
- Eating two apples a day will reduce your cholesterol levels up to 10 percent. Eating
- Drinking apple juice thrice a day is said to prevent viruses from settling in the body.
- Apples are good for digestion. If you suffer from indigestion, eat apples before meals.
- Grated apple mixed with yogurt is helpful in cases of diarrhea.
- Never buy apples that have not been kept cold since they can become over-ripe in a few days.
- Apples should be hard. If you can dent an apple with your finger, do not buy it.
- Keep your apples refrigerated. Otherwise, they will decay fast.
- To prevent browning, rub the cut surfaces with a mixture of lemon juice and water
Some fruits are fun to eat, and watermelon is definitely one of them. Watermelons are an excellent source of several vitamins.
So healthy way to start your morning with nicely chopped and a bit chilled watermelon hum….. it’s heavenly!