Enjoy the flavor of this sumptuous meals as we bring to you our top 5 delicious meals for the year 2015.
This Coconut rice delicacy should be on your top list of meal to enjoy this month. See Recipe here
This traditional meal of the Uroboh’s known as “Iribotor” is essentially a lighter version of the Igbos’ Nkwobi and Isi-Ewu recipes. I very sure you would loved every taste of it. See Recipe
GARDEN EGG SAUCE
As a nutritious sauce that is healthy to have with rice or yam because it is a very good source of dietary fiber, potassium, and it’s also rich in antioxidants. Recipe here
Unripe plantain and yam pepper soup is one delicacy you would love to try. I call it the healthiest food in the world because it is rich in Iron and protein. This delicacy, known as ”Ukodo” in Delta state. Recipe here
Irish potatoes and fish is another meal that is breaktaking……
I remember writing about garden egg sauce sometime last year. As a nutritious sauce that is healthy to have with rice or yam because it is a very good source of dietary fiber, potassium, and it’s also rich in antioxidants. So after a long time of having this delicious sauce I thought it would be nice to make my home-made garden egg sauce with rice for dinner.
- 5 large garden eggs (any variety/shape will do)
- 3 table spoons Groundnut oil or red oil if using the sauce for yam
- 1/2 of a medium onion (chopped)
- 3 seed of Tomatoes
- 4 large habanero pepper
- 1 tablespoon blended crayfish
- 1 cube seasoning
- A pinc of salt ( 1/2 teaspoon)
- ¼ Cup dried fish pieces (optional)
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil, add in the garden eggs and boil for 5mins. Remove the garden eggs from heat and set aside to cool
- Chop the onions, tomatoes and pepper into bits
- Set a small pot on medium heat, add in the Groundnut oil. Wait 2 minutes then add in the onions, tomatoes and pepper
- Add in all the other ingredients like crayfish, Maggi and dry fish. Reduce the heat to minimum, cover and simmer the sauce.
- Peel the garden eggs skin by gently pulling on the thin white coating (cut and remove the seeds in the center if you prefer) and chop up the peeled garden eggs or crush them lightly using a pestle head.
- Add the crushed garden eggs into the sauce, combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Simmer for another 7 mins.
Serve with boiled yam or rice. Enjoy!!
This is a good news for our fat people out there. Do you know that garden eggs have amazing health benefits?
One major health benefit of garden egg is that it helps to burn fat and tends to reduce weight and keep the body fit at all time when taken.
If you find it difficult to chew garden eggs, you can find it interesting to have it as a sauce. It is very simple to make if you follow the recipes here Garden egg sauce.
There are many ways to enrich and balance a starchy diet, especially in this part of West Africa where most of our food contains carbohydrate. The garden egg sauce is one of such nutritious sauce that is healthy to have as it is a very good source of dietary fiber, potassium, and copper.It is also good for maintaining a healthy liver because of its richness in antioxidants.
Recipe here soon.
Image courtesy: punchng.com