There is no doubt that cooking at home is a better alternative when it comes to nutritious values. However, there is a popular misconception that home-cooked food can never taste as good as the one cooked by the chef. Fortunately, it is not true, and you need not sacrifice the taste in the name of health.
If you think that cooking at home is too complicated, here is the best recipe to change your perspective. Not only is it pretty easy to follow, but it also tastes amazing. It is the traditional holiday food, honey baked ham but cooked at home.
Homebaked Ham Recipe
The Homebaked ham recipe is the easiest yet one of the most delicious ones. If you are searching for a new meal to add to our holiday menu, this is the one that will never disappoint. The sweet and savory taste makes everybody love it. As buying honey baked ham can be a little expensive, here is the method to have it only for one-third of the price.
List Of Ingredients You Will Need
- Bone-in spiral-sliced precooked ham
- Onion powder
- Ground ginger
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg (recommended to use freshly ground)
- Ground cinnamon
Steps To Follow
- Firstly take sugar and other spices and combine them in a bowl of your choice.
- Take the baking sheet and cover it using aluminum foil.
- Put the ham onto the pan (sheet). Ensure that the open meat is the one facing downwards.
- Get the seasoned sugar mix and sprinkle on the ham.
- Now you need to use a blow torch and heat the sprinkled mix of the ham very gently.
- Once it is brown, it is time to serve. You can also serve it later by heating it in the oven.
Isn’t the Homebaked ham recipe too easy? However, you do need to be a little cautious when it comes to using the blow torch. You only need to heat up the ham gently not to let it burn completely. The baked ham can be served with eggs, or you can add it to the ham salad. Either way, you will have food that will make your taste buds go crazy.